"Your" straight razor database

I Saluti, e tutto quello che vi appassiona

Moderatore: Moderatore Area Tecnica

Rispondi
BeBerlin
"Your" straight razor database

Messaggio da BeBerlin »

Gentlemen,

This is to inform you that I have just noted your copying the entire database of razors from The Straight Razor Place. In doing so, you have violated the copyright of both the authors, and all contributors. Here is the copyright notice.

I suggest that you either attribute every image and piece of information taken from the site, or remove your copy altogether.

Regards,
Robin
Aldebaran
Contatta:

Re: "Your" straight razor database

Messaggio da Aldebaran »

Dear BeBelrin

We Cited StraightRazorPlace between our sources, the links section
For photos we decided to accept the original, as recommended in your statement.
and you also mentioned thetopic of presentation database
If you need to include more links, or in a different form, always available!
Sincerely,
Andrea

P.S.:This is the article about Copyrightis in my forum from 03/06/2010.
I took the links from your forum (straight razor place).
BeBerlin

Messaggio da BeBerlin »

Dear Aldebaran,

Thank you for your reply. However, the issue is a bit more complicated than you think.
  • The Straight Razor Place Straight Razor DB contains both original and derivative content. In particular, SRP was granted permission to publish several images on the condition that their original copyright be maintained. I do not have the time to go through your entire list, but I strongly encourage you to attribute all images taken from the SRDB to avoid legal problems.
  • All original work must be attributed if and where it occurs. For example, the image of my Bergischer Löwe is not marked either belonging to the SRDB or to me personally.
All things considered, I fail to understand why you did not get in touch with the people in charge of the Wiki at SRP. The Wiki is well capable of accommodating foreign languages, and I am quite sure that the guys at SRP would be more than happy to support you in translating the relevant bits into Italiano.

Regards,
Robin
Aldebaran
Contatta:

Messaggio da Aldebaran »

Dear Beberlin,
Tomorrow I'll be putting under each picture link to the straight razor place .I think to finish the job in a few days .
However the photos were out on the web, not on Straightrazorplace.
However I did not want to do something for profit.Infact is prohibited by the regulation.
Sincerely,
Andrea.
BeBerlin

Messaggio da BeBerlin »

Dear Andrea,

Much appreciated. The photos were in fact not all "out on the web", for example these two here are mine: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124&p=1055#p1055 and viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124&p=1078#p1078. They are also taken direct from the SRDB. As I said, it's more complicated than it looks, and the only proper way to avoid legal trouble is to properly attribute each and every quote from the SRDB.

I am not saying that you were doing this for profit at all. The aim of the copyright was to ensure that whoever put their time and effort into building this resource was given due credit. That is why the
Attribuzione-Non commerciale-Condividi allo stesso modo 3.0 Unported was chosen.

Many thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Robin
Aldebaran
Contatta:

Messaggio da Aldebaran »

Dear Beberlin,
sorry for the problems that I caused, by Monday I think I can solve everything.You can control when you want and tell me if you do not like something.
Sincerely,
Andrea.
Aldebaran
Contatta:

Messaggio da Aldebaran »

Dear Beberlin,
I ended to link explicitly all the razors pictures.I say thank's to Beberlin to have been lenient and because he has subscribed to our forum,making it better.
Sincerely,
Andrea
Rispondi

Torna a “Off Topic”